Five glaring All-Star omissions
The American League and National League All-Star teams were announced Sunday, and not everyone was happy with the selections. While several players seemed deserving, who were the most glaring omissions? ESPN asked its followers on the ESPN Baseball Tonight Facebook page, and the five players who garnered the most votes are listed below in alphabetical order. By the way, players who appear on the Final Man Vote ballot for either league can still be considered snubs because the vote offers no guarantees.
1. Garrett Richards, RHP, Angels
2. Anthony Rizzo, 1B, Cubs
3. Chris Sale, LHP, White Sox
4. Kyle Seager, 3B, Mariners
5. Alfredo Simon, RHP, Reds
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Tigers get Price in 3-way deal with Rays, M's
- Red Sox trade Lester to A's for Cespedes
- Kershaw throws CG, extends win streak to 10
- Phillies' Lee reinjures elbow, returns to DL
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
MLB ON ESPN.COM
The A's and Tigers were fearless in the trades they made on a wild deadline day.