Jeter draws big crowd for ASG finale
NEW YORK -- Derek Jeter's final All-Star appearance has helped boost television ratings for the game.
The American League's 5-3 win Tuesday in Minneapolis averaged more than 11.3 million viewers on Fox, up from 11 million for last year's game at the Mets' Citi Field in New York. The rating was up 9 percent for the first full half-hour, when the retiring Yankees shortstop first stepped to the plate.
The network said Wednesday that the 7.0 fast national rating was the highest since 2010. The 2012 edition set a record low with a 6.8.
Ratings represent the percentage of homes with televisions tuned to a program.
Copyright 2014 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Report: Minaya to leave Padres, join union
- Braves agree to deal with Cuban OF Toscano
- Cubs fans flock to statue, remember Banks
- Reports: Nats sign ex-Jays closer Janssen
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
MLB ON ESPN.COM
Ranking the best prospects in baseball.
- Nike Women's New York Yankees Derek Jeter "salute The Captain" Navy V-neck T-shirt