Discussion

Back woes slow 2B Marco Scutaro

Updated: March 26, 2014, 11:38 PM ET
ESPN.com news services

SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. -- San Francisco Giants second baseman Marco Scutaro says he will begin the season on the disabled list.

Scutaro has been sidelined for most of the spring with back problems, with just two at-bats and one hit.

Scutaro, 38, will remain in Scottsdale for further treatment and a timetable for his return is uncertain, manager Bruce Bochy said.

Scutaro was plagued by back stiffness for most of the 2013 season. He had a couple of epidural injections earlier this ...

Read full story

Comments

Use a Facebook account to add a comment, subject to Facebook's Terms of Service and Privacy Policy. Your Facebook name, photo & other personal information you make public on Facebook will appear with your comment, and may be used on ESPN's media platforms. Learn more.


MORE MLB HEADLINES