Sweeney on Bonds: 'Everything's been fine'
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. -- Mark Sweeney showed up at spring training ready to strictly talk baseball, not the report that teammate Barry Bonds blamed a failed amphetamines test last season on something he got from Sweeney's locker.
"It was over and done with. It's time to move on and talk about baseball, which has been good. Barry and I have been fine." -- Mark Sweeney
Sweeney insists there will be no issues between them and he
isn't harboring any hard feelings toward Bonds, ...
Read full story
SPRING TRAINING NEWS
Follow the day's news from spring training in the Grapefruit and Cactus leagues as we begin the countdown toward Opening Day on Sunday (Mets at world champion Cardinals, 8 p.m. ET, ESPN2):
• Colon, Weaver, Figgins on DL
• Pirates send Sanchez to the DL
• Rogers has clot removed, will miss first half
• Sabathia throws, says he's ready for opener
• Pavano to start Opening Day for Yankeees
• A's put Dan Johnson on DL with hip injury
• Walker signs minor league deal with A's
• Grapefruit: Towers wins spot in Jays' rotation
• Cactus: Big Unit to start season on DL