Judge's ruling allows Uribe to attend spring training
MIAMI -- An appeals judge in the Dominican Republic lifted a previous order forcing Juan Uribe to appear in court every 15 days during the investigation into the Chicago White Sox shortstop's alleged participation in a shooting last October.
The decision means that Uribe will be able to travel to the White Sox spring training facility in Arizona on Thursday and begin his workouts with the club on Friday.
However, a judge ordered Uribe to pay a $15,400 bond and rejected ...
Read full story
SPRING TRAINING NEWS
Follow the day's news from spring training in the Grapefruit and Cactus leagues as we begin the countdown toward Opening Day on Sunday (Mets at world champion Cardinals, 8 p.m. ET, ESPN2):
• Colon, Weaver, Figgins on DL
• Pirates send Sanchez to the DL
• Rogers has clot removed, will miss first half
• Sabathia throws, says he's ready for opener
• Pavano to start Opening Day for Yankeees
• A's put Dan Johnson on DL with hip injury
• Walker signs minor league deal with A's
• Grapefruit: Towers wins spot in Jays' rotation
• Cactus: Big Unit to start season on DL