Angle: 'Honor' to take BP with Pujols
JUPITER, Fla. -- In an unlikely cage match, one of baseball's best hitters took batting practice Tuesday with one of the biggest names in professional wrestling.
Cardinals star Albert Pujols and wrestler Kurt Angle took turns slugging balls at spring training. Angle visited camp as part of Team Eckstein, named after World Series MVP David Eckstein, a lifelong wrestling fan. The St. Louis shortstop played the role of manager for a professional wrestling match in Orlando earlier this month.
SPRING TRAINING NEWS
Follow the day's news from spring training in the Grapefruit and Cactus leagues as we begin the countdown toward Opening Day on Sunday (Mets at world champion Cardinals, 8 p.m. ET, ESPN2):
• Colon, Weaver, Figgins on DL
• Pirates send Sanchez to the DL
• Rogers has clot removed, will miss first half
• Sabathia throws, says he's ready for opener
• Pavano to start Opening Day for Yankeees
• A's put Dan Johnson on DL with hip injury
• Walker signs minor league deal with A's
• Grapefruit: Towers wins spot in Jays' rotation
• Cactus: Big Unit to start season on DL