Kielty to have knee scoped; Kotsay frustrated
PHOENIX -- Oakland Athletics outfielder Bobby Kielty has a torn meniscus in his left knee that will require arthroscopic surgery in the coming days, sidelining him for three-to-six weeks.
Kielty, who came to camp in the best shape of his career, injured the knee Sunday during a rundown drill -- and just when he was ready to get through a healthy spring training, for a change.
"It's definitely a bummer," Kielty said Wednesday. "Right now
I could play on it, but we're deciding ...
Read full story
SPRING TRAINING NEWS
Follow the day's news from spring training in the Grapefruit and Cactus leagues as we begin the countdown toward Opening Day on Sunday (Mets at world champion Cardinals, 8 p.m. ET, ESPN2):
• Colon, Weaver, Figgins on DL
• Pirates send Sanchez to the DL
• Rogers has clot removed, will miss first half
• Sabathia throws, says he's ready for opener
• Pavano to start Opening Day for Yankeees
• A's put Dan Johnson on DL with hip injury
• Walker signs minor league deal with A's
• Grapefruit: Towers wins spot in Jays' rotation
• Cactus: Big Unit to start season on DL