Abreu takes BP for first time since injury
TAMPA, Fla. -- Bobby Abreu took batting practice in a cage against a pitcher for the first time since straining his right oblique last month.
Abreu took 55 swings Friday, including some at almost full intensity.
"I tried to push it a little bit more," the New York Yankees right fielder said. "It was fine. I feel great. I didn't hurt at all. That makes me feel good."
Abreu may take batting practice on the field this weekend and hopes to be ready for Opening Day on ...
Read full story
SPRING TRAINING NEWS
Follow the day's news from spring training in the Grapefruit and Cactus leagues as we begin the countdown toward Opening Day on Sunday (Mets at world champion Cardinals, 8 p.m. ET, ESPN2):
• Colon, Weaver, Figgins on DL
• Pirates send Sanchez to the DL
• Rogers has clot removed, will miss first half
• Sabathia throws, says he's ready for opener
• Pavano to start Opening Day for Yankeees
• A's put Dan Johnson on DL with hip injury
• Walker signs minor league deal with A's
• Grapefruit: Towers wins spot in Jays' rotation
• Cactus: Big Unit to start season on DL