Yankees get infielder Betemit for reliever Proctor
NEW YORK -- The New York Yankees traded workhorse reliever Scott Proctor to the Los Angeles Dodgers for infielder Wilson Betemit on Tuesday in a deal that could add some punch to their limited bench.
Betemit hit .231 with 10 homers and 26 RBIs with Los Angeles, which acquired him from the Atlanta Braves in a deadline deal last season. He played mostly third base with the Dodgers but is unlikely to see much time there with Alex Rodriguez in the midst of an MVP-type season for New York.
Read full story
JULY 31 TRADE DEADLINE
The Braves made the biggest splash before Major League Baseball's non-waiver trading deadline, acquiring switch-hitting slugger Mark Teixeira and hard-throwing reliever Octavio Dotel. The Red Sox also bolstered their bullpen with Eric Gagne.
• Braves get Teixeira, Dotel
• Red Sox deal for Gagne
• Giants swap Morris for Pirates rookie Davis
• Dodgers send Betemit to Yanks for Proctor
• Padres acquire Ensberg, Mackowiak
• Red Sox deal Pineiro to Cards
• Phils get reliever Mateo from Mariners
• Mets fill second base void with Twins' Castillo
• Phillies deal for righty Lohse from Reds
In the past week
• Astros deal Wheeler to Rays for Wigginton
• Reds get Cantu from Rays
• Phils get Iguchi from White Sox
• Rangers deal Lofton to Indians
• Padres get Hairston from D-backs
• Brewers get Linebrink from Padres
• Stark: Assessing the deadline deals
• Stark Market
• Trade scorecard
• Olney: Rangers did well with haul
• Fantasy: Deadline winners, losers
• Baseball America analysis
• Nelson: Trade can be hard on family
• Vote: Winners and losers?