Analyzing the deadline deals
We'll take a look at all these earth-rattling issues and more, as we assess The Five Ways the 2007 Deadline Rocked Baseball:
1. The Braves' new world If you needed the events of the last few days to figure out that John Schuerholz might be the greatest general manager who ever lived, you've been watching way too much Arena League football.
But sometimes we all need to be reminded of what genius looks like. And watching Schuerholz work this week was like watching Einstein scrawl E =mc˛ ...
Read full story
JULY 31 TRADE DEADLINE
The Braves made the biggest splash before Major League Baseball's non-waiver trading deadline, acquiring switch-hitting slugger Mark Teixeira and hard-throwing reliever Octavio Dotel. The Red Sox also bolstered their bullpen with Eric Gagne.
• Braves get Teixeira, Dotel
• Red Sox deal for Gagne
• Giants swap Morris for Pirates rookie Davis
• Dodgers send Betemit to Yanks for Proctor
• Padres acquire Ensberg, Mackowiak
• Red Sox deal Pineiro to Cards
• Phils get reliever Mateo from Mariners
• Mets fill second base void with Twins' Castillo
• Phillies deal for righty Lohse from Reds
In the past week
• Astros deal Wheeler to Rays for Wigginton
• Reds get Cantu from Rays
• Phils get Iguchi from White Sox
• Rangers deal Lofton to Indians
• Padres get Hairston from D-backs
• Brewers get Linebrink from Padres
• Stark: Assessing the deadline deals
• Stark Market
• Trade scorecard
• Olney: Rangers did well with haul
• Fantasy: Deadline winners, losers
• Baseball America analysis
• Nelson: Trade can be hard on family
• Vote: Winners and losers?