Ankiel defends himself on report he got HGH supply
PHOENIX -- Rick Ankiel says any drugs he received in 2004 were prescribed by a licensed physician to help him recover from reconstructive elbow surgery.
Ankiel, whose comeback is one of the great stories of this season, initially acknowledged human growth hormone was among those medications during a brief session with reporters Friday, then refused to list his various prescriptions.
"I'm not going to go into the list of what my doctors have prescribed for me," the St. Louis ...
Read full story
MLB and PERFORMANCE ENHANCERS
• Ankiel meets with MLB officials on HGH report
• Report: MLB eyes use of HGH blood test in '08
• Orioles mum on report of Gibbons' link to steroids
• MLB requests meeting with Gibbons
• Report: Orioles' Gibbons received steroids, HGH
• Glaus not talking about on steroids accusations
• Report: Glaus shipped steroids by mail
• Cardinals' Ankiel defends himself on HGH
• Report: Ankiel linked to HGH
• Howard Bryant: Steroids, HGH and the pennant races
• Buster Olney: Blood test request on horizon
• Jayson Stark: Applying double standards
• Buster Olney: 1998 all over again?
• Peter Gammons: Benefit of doubt
• Rob Neyer: No big deal
• Ankiel timeline
• Ankiel linked to HGH
• How does Ankiel story affect MLB?
• Glaus received shipment of steroids
• Should all players take blood tests?
• Peter Gammons: Stuff of legend