Game 7 draws 25 million viewers
NEW YORK -- Game 7 of the World Series between St. Louis and Texas averaged 25.4 million viewers to make it the most-watched ballgame since 2004.
Before that series, in which the Red Sox won their first title in 86 years in four games, the high mark was another Game 7 -- the 2002 World Series between San Francisco and the Los Angeles Angels.
The Cardinals' Game 7 win on Friday earned a 14.7 fast national rating, bumping up the overall Series rating to 10.0. That's 19 percent higher than last season's series between the Giants and the Rangers.
It also was the highest rated and most watched Friday night telecast on any network since the 2010 Winter Olympics.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Kershaw: No problems after simulated game
- Early brawl mars Brewers' win in 14 innings
- Yanks' Nova to DL with elbow ligament tear
- Red Sox notch walk-off victory on O's error
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Authentic Street Signs Texas Rangers Avenue Sign