Roberto Kelly out with concussion
SAN FRANCISCO -- San Francisco Giants first-base coach Roberto Kelly will miss at least the first two games of the NL Championship Series with a concussion after being hit in the back of the head by a foul ball in batting practice.
Giants manager Bruce Bochy said before Game 1 against St. Louis that Kelly remains at home recovering a day after being hit by a ball off the bat of Buster Posey. Bochy said Kelly did not sleep much Saturday night and might come to the stadium Sunday to be checked out by the training staff.
Assistant batting coach Joe Lefebvre will take over Kelly's duties for at least the first two games of the series.
The 48-year-old Kelly has been the Giants' first-base coach since 2008.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- MRI shows damage to Corbin's UCL in elbow
- HOF Schmidt recovering from skin cancer
- Orioles' Machado: Don't know about opener
- Multiple batters hit as Pirates-Phils gets testy
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Men's Replica San Francisco Giants Buster Posey #28 Alternate Orange Jersey