8:05 PM ET, July 2, 2007
Minute Maid Park, Houston, Texas
• Summary: The Astros scored twice in the seventh inning on bases-loaded walks in a victory over the Phillies.
• Heroes: Hunter Pence hit a two-run homer, Carlos Lee had an RBI single and a towering solo homer and Craig Biggio had three hits, including two doubles, as the Astros won for the seventh time in their last eight home games.
• Oldies night: Houston starter Woody Williams won for the third straight time at Minute Maid Park, allowing three runs and six hits in seven innings. He struggled early, then retired 18 of the last 21 hitters he faced to outduel fellow 40-something starter Jamie Moyer.
• Figure this: Biggio's second double gave him 660 in his career, sixth all-time and five behind George Brett. He has more doubles than any right-handed hitter in history.
• Quotable: "We feel like this is more what this offense is here to do, what we're capable of." -- Pence, who leads NL rookies with 38 RBIs
-- ESPN.com news services
Astros 7, Phillies 5
With his first double, Biggio became the 27th player to reach 1,000 extra-base hits. His second double gave him 660 in his career, sixth all-time and five behind George Brett. Biggio has more doubles than any right-handed hitter in history. He singled in the sixth, his 3,007th career hit, which tied him with Al Kaline for 25th all-time. ... Moyer allowed more than three earned runs for just the second time in 10 road starts. ... The Phillies have 19 homers in their last 12 games against Houston.
Regular Season Series
|1st||A Rowand lined out to right, J Rollins scored, S Victorino out at third.||1||0|
|1st||C Lee singled to center, C Biggio scored.||1||1|
|2nd||P Burrell homered to left.||2||1|
|3rd||L Berkman doubled to deep left center, H Pence scored.||2||2|
|5th||H Pence homered to left, C Biggio scored.||2||4|
|6th||S Victorino homered to right.||3||4|
|7th||E Bruntlett walked, L Berkman scored, M Lamb to third, B Ausmus to second.||3||5|
|7th||M Loretta walked, M Lamb scored, B Ausmus to third, E Bruntlett to second.||3||6|
|8th||C Lee homered to left.||3||7|
|9th||C Ruiz doubled to deep center, R Howard and P Burrell scored, W Helms to third.||5||7|
|View complete Play-By-Play|
|Stadium||Minute Maid Park, Houston, TX|
|Attendance||28,973 (68.9% full) - % is based on regular season capacity|
|Umpires||Home Plate - Brian Knight, First Base - Tim Welke, Second Base - Lance Barksdale, Third Base - Gary Cederstrom|