10:10 PM ET, September 26, 2007
Dodger Stadium, Los Angeles, California
• Summary: Forget the wild card. The Rockies' franchise-record 10th straight win kept them tied with the Phillies -- one game back of the Padres in the wild card -- but Colorado is now only two games behind the D-backs for the West lead.
• Turning point: The Rockies took a 2-0 lead against Derek Lowe in the third on a one-out double by Yorvit Torrealba and two-out singles by Kaz Matsui, Troy Tulowitzki and Matt Holliday.
• Hero: Josh Fogg threw 6 2/3 sharp innings, but he was facing a Dodgers lineup with five September callups.
• Hunt for October: The Rockies have been to the playoffs just once in their 15 years of existence, as the wild card in 1995.
• Figure this: The Rockies, now a franchise-record 14 games over .500 (86-72), won nine in a row once before -- from Aug. 26-Sept. 5, 1997.
• Quotable: "We're embracing it and having fun." -- Fogg on the pennant race
-- ESPN.com news services
Rockies 2, Dodgers 0
|Josh Fogg has had a lot to do with the Rockies' amazing finish, turning his season around in September. Here are his last two months:|
|K's per 9||2.9||5.9|
The magic number is derived by adding one to the number of remaining games and subtracting the number of games ahead in the loss column from the second-place team. Here's where the leaders stand:
|x-clinched playoff spot|
The Rockies have committed a major-league low 65 errors through 158 games. Baltimore ranks second with 76. Pittsburgh's 81 errors are the second-fewest in the NL. ... Injured Los Angeles INFs Furcal, Kent and Tony Abreu are all listed as day-to-day. Furcal, bothered by a stiff lower back, missed his eighth straight game. ... The Rockies are 48-30 since a season-high eight-game losing streak in late June. Their 68-45 record since May 21 is the best in the NL, and ranks second in the majors behind the Yankees' 71-44 mark. ... Helton singled in the second to extend his hitting streak to 10 games. He has reached base safely via a hit, walk or hit-by-pitch in 27 straight games.
Regular Season Series
|Colorado leads 12-6 (as of Wed 9/26)|
|Mon 4/9||COL 6, @LA 3||Recap|
|Tue 4/10||@LA 2, COL 1||Recap|
|Wed 4/11||@LA 3, COL 0||Recap|
|Wed 4/18||@COL 7, LA 2||Recap|
|Thu 4/19||LA 8, @COL 1||Recap|
|Thu 7/26||LA 5, @COL 4||Recap|
|Sat 7/28||@COL 6, LA 2||Recap|
|Sun 7/29||@COL 9, LA 6||Recap|
|Fri 8/17||@LA 6, COL 4||Recap|
|Sat 8/18||COL 7, @LA 4||Recap|
|Sun 8/19||@LA 4, COL 3||Recap|
|Tue 9/18||@COL 3, LA 1||Recap|
|Tue 9/18||@COL 9, LA 8||Recap|
|Wed 9/19||@COL 6, LA 5||Recap|
|Thu 9/20||@COL 9, LA 4||Recap|
|Tue 9/25||COL 9, @LA 7||Recap|
|» Wed 9/26||COL 2, @LA 0||Box Score|
|Thu 9/27||COL 10, @LA 4||Recap|
|Complete Schedule: Rockies | Dodgers|
|3rd||K Matsui singled to right, Y Torrealba scored.||1||0|
|3rd||M Holliday singled to center, K Matsui scored, T Tulowitzki to third.||2||0|
|View complete Play-By-Play|
|Stadium||Dodger Stadium, Los Angeles, CA|
|Attendance||45,036 (80.4% full) - % is based on regular season capacity|
|Weather||72 degrees, partly cloudy|
|Umpires||Home Plate - Bill Miller, First Base - Marvin Hudson, Second Base - Ed Montague, Third Base - Jerry Layne|