8:10 PM ET, June 14, 2007
Kauffman Stadium, Kansas City, Missouri
• Summary: Kansas City's eight-run second inning and six-run fourth pushed the Royals past St. Louis for their first series win at home against the Cardinals in six years.
• Hero: Mark Teahen had an RBI single in the second, a two-run triple in the fourth and another two-run triple in the sixth, marking the 26th time in club history someone tripled twice in one game.
• Goat: Kip Wells, the first pitcher in the majors to 10 losses, became the first to 11.
• Figure this: Kansas City had 15 hits and the Cardinals had 11. It was the third time in franchise history the Royals scored six or more runs in an inning twice in the same game.
• Quotable: "If we could figure it out, we'd skip those games where we don't put up any runs. I'm just going to enjoy the games like this. I wish we could save a few of these runs." -- Teahen
-- ESPN.com news services
Royals 17, Cardinals 8
Juan Encarnacion singled to stretch his hitting streak to 14 games. ... Pena was the first Royal to get two hits in an inning since Gathright last Sept. 30 at Detroit. ... The eight-run second was their biggest since the Royals scored 10 last Aug. 23 against Cleveland.
Regular Season Series
|1st||A Pujols grounded into double play, second to first, A Kennedy scored, S Taguchi out at second.||1||0|
|1st||E Brown singled to right, D DeJesus scored, E German to third.||1||1|
|2nd||C Duncan homered to right, S Rolen and J Encarnacion scored.||4||1|
|2nd||D DeJesus hit by pitch, R Shealy scored, T Pena to third, J Gathright to second.||4||2|
|2nd||E German singled to left, T Pena and J Gathright scored, D DeJesus to second.||4||4|
|2nd||M Teahen singled to center, D DeJesus scored, E German to third, M Teahen to second advancing on throw.||4||5|
|2nd||E Brown doubled to left, E German and M Teahen scored.||4||7|
|2nd||R Shealy grounded into fielder's choice to second, E Brown scored, A Gordon out at second.||4||8|
|2nd||T Pena singled to right, R Shealy scored, J LaRue to third.||4||9|
|3rd||S Rolen hit sacrifice fly to right, S Taguchi scored, A Pujols to third.||5||9|
|3rd||C Duncan singled to left, A Pujols scored, J Edmonds to third, C Duncan to second advancing on throw.||6||9|
|4th||A Gordon homered to right center, E Brown scored.||6||11|
|4th||D DeJesus doubled to deep center, T Pena and J Gathright scored.||6||13|
|4th||M Teahen tripled to left, D DeJesus and E German scored.||6||15|
|6th||A Kennedy singled to right, A Miles scored.||7||15|
|6th||M Teahen tripled to deep right, T Pena and J Gathright scored.||7||17|
|7th||A Pujols homered to left.||8||17|
|View complete Play-By-Play|
|Stadium||Kauffman Stadium, Kansas City, MO|
|Attendance||28,837 (76.1% full) - % is based on regular season capacity|
|Weather||84 degrees, clear|
|Umpires||Home Plate - Mark Carlson, First Base - Larry Young, Second Base - Angel Hernandez, Third Base - Ted Barrett|