Tsuyoshi Wada misses bullpen session
SARASOTA, Fla. -- Baltimore Orioles pitcher Tsuyoshi Wada has been held out of his scheduled bullpen session because of discomfort in his left elbow.
The Orioles sent Wada for an X-ray and manager Buck Showalter said Sunday there was nothing unusual about the results. Showalter said Wada's elbow was aspirated, and that he will be re-evaluated in a few days.
Showalter says Wada has had discomfort in his elbow in previous years.
Wada signed a two-year, $8.14 million contract last December.
Wada was 107-61 with a 3.13 ERA and 1,329 strikeouts in 210 career games over nine seasons with the Fukuoka Hawks of the Japanese Pacific League. In his 52 starts in 2010 and 2011, Wada was 33-13 with a 2.29 ERA.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Agent: Lester didn't tell Sox contract terms
- Jeter passes Yaz for seventh on MLB hits list
- Marlins turn back Nats with 4-run rally in 9th
- Rangers' Darvish K's 8 in win over Yankees
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rico Baltimore Orioles Car Flag