Giancarlo Stanton takes pitch to wrist
"All is good, Ready to go!" Stanton tweeted. "No worries my people."
The Marlins said Stanton was being treated for a bruise after he was hit by a fastball from New York Mets reliever Chris Schwinden in the third inning. Stanton was hit a team-high nine times last season.
The Marlins beat the Mets 4-2 in a game stopped after five innings because of rain.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Pujols goes yard twice to join 500 HR club
- Ellsbury helps Yankees romp in Fenway return
- Fernandez strikes out 14, wins pitchers' duel
- MLB suspends Gomez, Maldonado, others
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Youth Replica Miami Marlins Giancarlo Stanton #27 Home White Jersey