Giancarlo Stanton takes pitch to wrist
"All is good, Ready to go!" Stanton tweeted. "No worries my people."
The Marlins said Stanton was being treated for a bruise after he was hit by a fastball from New York Mets reliever Chris Schwinden in the third inning. Stanton was hit a team-high nine times last season.
The Marlins beat the Mets 4-2 in a game stopped after five innings because of rain.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Trumbo heads to D-backs in 3-team trade
- Mulder, out since 2009, attempts comeback
- GM: Cabrera on target for spring training
- Rakuten prez: No decision on Tanaka's future
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- WinCraft Miami Marlins Perforated Decal