Giancarlo Stanton takes pitch to wrist
"All is good, Ready to go!" Stanton tweeted. "No worries my people."
The Marlins said Stanton was being treated for a bruise after he was hit by a fastball from New York Mets reliever Chris Schwinden in the third inning. Stanton was hit a team-high nine times last season.
The Marlins beat the Mets 4-2 in a game stopped after five innings because of rain.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Reyes to be activated by Blue Jays on Saturday
- Reds closer Chapman cleared to throw BP
- Yanks' Teixeira tests leg, 'couldn't be happier'
- Rangers put Scheppers on DL; injury not serious
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- The Highland Mint Giancarlo Stanton Miami Marlins Triple Play Photo Display