Astros minor leaguer suspended
NEW YORK -- A pitcher in the Houston Astros' organization has been suspended 50 games under baseball's minor league drug program.
Major League Baseball announced Thursday that Angel Heredia had been penalized. He plays in the Dominican Summer League.
Heredia tested positive for metabolites of Stanozolol and Boldenone, performance-enhancing substances. The suspension is effective at the start of the season.
There have been 24 suspensions this year under the minor league drug program.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Source: Padres acquire OF Myers from Rays
- Source: Giants, Romo finalizing $15M deal
- Suspended 1B Davis cleared to use Adderall
- Braves OF Markakis has surgery to fix disk
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Women's Replica Houston Astros White/grey Fashion Jersey