Dustin McGowan agrees with Jays
DUNEDIN, Fla. -- Right-hander Dustin McGowan and the Toronto Blue Jays have agreed to a $4.1 million, three-year contract that adds an additional two seasons and $3.5 million to the deal he reached in December.
Under the deal announced Monday, McGowan keeps the $600,000 salary for this year from his previous contract, and salaries of $1.5 million annually are added for 2013 and 2014. Toronto has a $4 million option for 2015 with a $500,000 buyout.
McGowan also agreed to make a donation to the Jays Care Foundation.
He returned late last season after two shoulder operations and finished 0-2 with a 6.43 ERA in five games. He had not appeared in a game since 2008.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Verlander allows one hit in 1st spring start
- MRI shows ligament injury in Medlen's elbow
- Orioles' Machado disappointed by new deal
- Cahill jams knee; Arroyo might be delayed
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Women's Toronto Blue Jays Full-Zip Royal Discover Jacket