Yasmani Grandal plans to apologize
Grandal was banned in November for the first 50 games of the season after testing positive for performance-enhancing drugs. He hasn't publicly discussed the penalty beyond an initial statement.
The 24-year-old Grandal worked out Wednesday at spring training.
Grandal hasn't addressed his connection to a Miami anti-aging clinic associated with performance-enhancing drugs. He plans to talk to his teammates when the entire Padres squad gathers Saturday, and will meet with the media later that day.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Source: Cubs to deal 2B Barney to Dodgers
- Emotional Thomas, Torre headline HOF class
- Ortiz's homer reignites Red Sox-Rays rivalry
- Yankees fan returns lost Red Sox title ring
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Men's Personalized Replica San Diego Padres Home White Jersey