Rockies acquire Reid Brignac
Brignac bounced around between Triple-A Durham and the Rays last season. He hit .095 in 16 games at the major-league level.
The 27-year-old was a second-round pick by the Rays in 2004.
The Rockies also made another move Thursday as they placed left-handed pitcher Edwar Cabrera on the 60-day disabled list with a shoulder injury. Cabrera spent most of last season in the minors, where he went 11-5 in 21 starts with Double-A Tulsa and Triple-A Colorado Springs. He also started two games for the Rockies, giving up seven earned runs in 5 2/3 innings.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Harper pulled for failing to run out grounder
- Hamels slated to make season debut in L.A.
- Mets trade 1B Davis to Pirates for reliever
- Nationals activate Span from concussion DL
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- '47 Brand Men's Colorado Rockies Helm Grey Flex Hat