Bryce Harper hand injury not serious
Harper was scheduled to bat third and play left field against the New York Mets on Saturday, but manager Davey Johnson told Harper in the morning that he would not be playing.
Johnson says he's not concerned about the swelling and expects Harper to be back in the lineup Sunday when the Nationals play Atlanta.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Emotional Thomas, Torre headline HOF class
- Ortiz's homer reignites Red Sox-Rays rivalry
- Dodgers best Peavy, Giants to cap off sweep
- Cards' Wainwright gets majors-best 13th win
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- New Era Men's Washington Nationals 39Thirty Double Timer Grey Flex Hat