Endy Chavez rejoins Mariners
Chavez, 35, is a .269 hitter with 101 stolen bases over 12 seasons with the Montreal Expos, New York Mets, Mariners and four other organizations.
Last year Chavez hit .267 in 97 games with the Mariners after being released by the Kansas City Royals during spring training.
Chavez brings additional depth to a Seattle outfield contingent that includes Franklin Gutierrez, Michael Saunders, Dustin Ackley, the recently-acquired Corey Hart and Logan Morrison, Abraham Almonte and utility player Willie Bloomquist.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Nationals' Harper benched for 'lack of hustle'
- Yankees' Nova leaves with injury, gets MRI
- Scherzer tops Angels for 1st win of season
- Alvarez faces 1 over minimum, silences M's
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
MLB ON ESPN.COM
Smuggling Yasiel Puig out of Cuba left in its wake torture allegations, theft and a lawsuit.
- Majestic Men's Replica Seattle Mariners Robinson Cano #22 Alternate Green Jersey