Matt Garza in talks with Brewers
Milwaukee issued a statement Thursday evening following reports of a $52 million, four-year agreement between the Brewers and the 30-year-old right-hander, pending a physical.
More from ESPN.com
In Matt Garza, the Brewers get a 30-year-old right-hander with a good two-seam fastball and a propensity to give up the long ball, writes David Schoenfield. Story
The statement says "despite media reports, negotiations between the Brewers and Matt Garza are ongoing, but there is no deal yet."
The right-hander pitched for the Cubs most of the past three seasons before Chicago dealt him to the Texas Rangers at last July's trade deadline.
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Kershaw: No problems after simulated game
- Yanks' Nova to DL with elbow ligament tear
- Two ejected from Brewers-Pirates for brawl
- Tigers release Opening Day shortstop Gonzalez
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
MLB ON ESPN.COM
Smuggling Yasiel Puig out of Cuba left in its wake torture allegations, theft and a lawsuit.
- Majestic Triple Peak Men's Texas Rangers Yu Darvish Red T-Shirt