Chase Headley could miss 2 weeks
Headley was injured in a rundown drill Saturday morning. A team spokesman says he'll likely undergo an MRI on Monday.
Headley had declared himself fit earlier in the week after minor offseason knee surgery.
Headley led the National League with 115 RBIs in 2012 before his numbers dipped last season. He signed a one-year, $10.5 million contact in January and has said he doubts the two sides can reach an agreement on a long-term deal before the start of the regular season.
It's the first significant injury of spring training for the Padres, who were 76-86 last season.
Copyright 2014 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- MLB marks 67th anniversary of Robinson debut
- Napoli exits with hurt finger after headfirst slide
- Rays P Moore needs season-ending surgery
- CF Jones, RP Meek bitten by Orioles' flu bug
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
MLB ON ESPN.COM
The new "transfer" rule is causing confusion and instant replay isn't helping matters.
- Forever Collectibles Men's San Diego Padres Team Color Contour Flip Flop