The ESPN family lost Richard Durrett, an ESPNDallas.com writer who died Tuesday at the age of 38. Twitter was immediately flooded with reactions to the news about Richard's death. Below is a collection of tweets about Richard from his ESPN colleagues and a few others in the sports world. In addition, ESPNDallas.com has put together personal remembrances of Durrett.
We lost a great man today. My ESPN Dallas colleague Richard Durrett collapsed and died suddenly. He leaves behind a wife and 2 little kids.
- Tim MacMahon (@espn_macmahon) June 18, 2014
- Casey Stern (@CaseyStern) June 18, 2014
I'm crushed by the passing of Richard Durrett. I was always blown away by his energy, work ethic & relentlessly upbeat take on life. So sad
- Jayson Stark (@jaysonst) June 18, 2014
On behalf of myself and my teammates, we send our condolences to the family of Richard Durrett. ����
- Elvis Andrus (@ElvisandrusSS1) June 18, 2014
Watkins: Remembering Richard Durrett: Calvin Watkins: It's after midnight as I write this and I just can't put... http://t.co/DuOVUaMd6X
- Calvin Watkins (@calvinwatkins) June 18, 2014
Pain beyond description at the loss of colleague and friend Richard Durrett. He left his mark with all he knew.
- Jerry Crasnick (@jcrasnick) June 18, 2014
Cannot believe the news about Richard Durrett. What a great person...
- Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) June 18, 2014
My prayers & condolences to Richard Durrett's family. He was a special colleague, friend &co-worker who shared the same passion for baseball
— JIM BOWDEN (@JimBowdenESPNxm) June 18, 2014
Richard Durrett was as genuinely funny.. sincere and into his work as anyone I have come across in my 20 years. I will miss him.
- karl ravech (@karlravechespn) June 18, 2014
Saddened by the news of Richard Durrett. Great man. Thoughts go out to his family. RIP
- Dirk Nowitzki (@swish41) June 18, 2014
RIP, my friend, Richard Durrett. pic.twitter.com/qkTFArXpxJ
- Pedro Gomez (@pedrogomezESPN) June 18, 2014
Terrible news about Richard Durrett. One of the nicest guys. He will be missed.
- Eric Karabell (@karabellespn) June 18, 2014
Stunned & saddened to hear of the loss of Richard Durrett. A truly nice man.
- Andrew Marchand (@AndrewMarchand) June 18, 2014
Horrible news - if you haven't yet seen it, Richard Durrett passed away very suddenly. Terrible news.
- Dan Szymborski (@DSzymborski) June 18, 2014
How much can we take this season??? Richard Durrett, YOU WILL BE MISSED! Shocked and saddened. God help us.
- Chris Singleton (@c_singleton) June 18, 2014
Incredibly sad to hear of the death of Richard Durrett. Had pleasure of meeting him at Final Four this year
- Dana O'Neil (@ESPNDanaOneil) June 18, 2014
My heart breaks at the sudden death of my TCU classmate & Rangers ESPN reporter Richard Durrett. He texted me a Father's Day message Sunday.
- Reid Ryan (@robertreidryan) June 18, 2014
Stunned and saddened by news of Richard Durrett's passing. One of the kindest men I've met. My thoughts and prayers to his family.
- Tristan H. Cockcroft (@SultanofStat) June 18, 2014
We'll miss you Richard Durrett, A great friend and the best in the business.
- Mike Modano (@9modano) June 18, 2014
Richard Durrett will be dearly missed, a stellar man who modeled kindness and respect toward everyone. Prayers for his young family.
- David Kull (@david_kull) June 18, 2014
I'm truly, deeply saddened about Richard Durrett's passing and ask all who can to support his young family. A genuinely nice person.
- Ed Werder (@Edwerderespn) June 18, 2014
38 yrs old. 2 young kids. Great family man and person. Please keep Richard Durrett's family in your prayers. So sad. http://t.co/ojGjHyKLvO
- Kevin Negandhi (@KNegandhiESPN) June 18, 2014