Troy Tulowitzki misses 2nd game
DENVER -- Dealing with a tight groin, Troy Tulowitzki went the cautious route and sat out a second straight game to rest.
The Colorado Rockies shortstop said before Saturday's 8-7 win over the Los Angeles Dodgers that earlier in his career he might have tried to play. Give his injury-plagued past, he's learned to listen to his body.
Tulowitzki believes he could be back in the lineup Sunday. He leads the National League in hitting (.350) and is second in homers (18). He will also serve as the NL captain for the Home Run Derby at the All-Star Game in Minnesota.
Josh Rutledge started in Tulowitzki's place Saturday, going 1-for-4 with a run and two strikeouts.
Copyright 2014 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Emotional Thomas, Torre headline HOF class
- Ortiz's homer reignites Red Sox-Rays rivalry
- Dodgers best Peavy, Giants to cap off sweep
- Cards' Wainwright gets majors-best 13th win
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
MLB ON ESPN.COM
Six new Baseball Hall of Fame inductees were enshrined in Cooperstown on Sunday.
- Majestic Men's 2014 All-Star Game Troy Tulowitzki #2 National League Batting Practice Jersey