David Price has deal from 3,000th hit
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. -- The pitcher who gave up Derek Jeter's 3,000th career hit has a deal to sign memorabilia connected with the milestone.
Tampa Bay's David Price agreed with Steiner Sports to autograph collectibles, including baseballs and pictures. Some of the souvenirs will bear the inscription, "I Gave Up DJ's 3K," and be signed by both Price and Jeter.
Jeter became the first Yankee to reach 3,000 hits when he homered off Price July 9 at Yankee Stadium.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Cubs not sure when ailing Castro will return
- Garza goal: Kick Cubs' 'teeth in every time'
- Twins lock up closer Perkins on 4-year deal
- Boras: Morales, Drew willing to wait for deals
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Men's Replica Tampa Bay Rays David Price #14 Alternate Navy Jersey