Chris Volstad headed to Triple-A
Volstad lasted only five innings and gave up four runs, three earned, against the New York Mets on Friday. That lifted his ERA to 5.58, third-highest in the major leagues.
Volstad is 5-8 in 20 starts. Manager Jack McKeon said he anticipated Volstad would rejoin the rotation later this season.
The 24-year-old Volstad was also demoted to New Orleans in July last year. He returned to the Marlins and went 8-1 in his final 13 starts.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Source: Ibanez, Angels nearing 1-year deal
- Braves get catcher Doumit in Twins trade
- Reports: 3B Chavez to re-sign with Arizona
- MLB average jumps 5.4 percent to $3.39M
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Men's Miami Marlins Springtide Black Full-Zip Jacket