Shane Victorino's suspension reduced
PHILADELPHIA -- Philadelphia Phillies All-Star center fielder Shane Victorino's suspension for his part in a benches-clearing brawl at San Francisco on Aug. 5 has been reduced and he will miss the next two games.
Victorino appealed the original suspension of three games and it was dropped to two games. He wasn't in Philadelphia's lineup against the Arizona Diamondbacks on Thursday and won't play at Washington on Friday.
Victorino was the only player suspended for his actions during the brawl. Four players were fined, including Giants pitcher Ramon Ramirez.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Agent: Lester didn't tell Sox contract terms
- Jeter passes Yaz for seventh on MLB hits list
- Marlins turn back Nats with 4-run rally in 9th
- Rangers' Darvish K's 8 in win over Yankees
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Philadelphia Phillies Red/Royal Track Jacket