NBA's Wolves to remove arena ad
But now it's up to Target Corp., to decide what will replace the ad for Dakotas-based Sanford Health. When Target Corp., renewed naming rights to the Timberwolves arena in September, the retailer also gained access to that space.
The ad that's on the side of Target Center drew criticism from the Twins and civic leaders when it appeared last year -- just in time for the Twins' playoff games.
Timberwolves president Chris Wright tells the Star Tribune the Sanford sign will be down Oct. 31.
Target Spokeswoman Jessica Carlson says the retailer is "continuing to evaluate that space."
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Trumbo heads to D-backs in 3-team trade
- Mulder, out since 2009, attempts comeback
- GM: Cabrera on target for spring training
- Rakuten prez: No decision on Tanaka's future
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Minnesota Twins Carbon Logo Navy T-Shirt