Bryan Stow able to write name
Bryan Stow, the San Francisco Giants fan who suffered serious brain injuries from an attack outside Dodger Stadium on March 31, has written his first name for the first time since the beating, according to an update on his family's website.
"This picture speaks volumes and we are so proud of him," the family wrote in an update that was posted Wednesday.
Stow, a 42-year-old paramedic from Santa Cruz, recently was moved from San Francisco General Hospital to a rehabilitation center.
Two men, 29-year-old Louie Sanchez and 30-year-old Marvin Norwood, have been charged in the attack. Both have pleaded not guilty.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Source: Ibanez, Angels nearing 1-year deal
- Braves get catcher Doumit in Twins trade
- Reports: 3B Chavez to re-sign with Arizona
- Source: Cubs' Castro sues after $3.6M seized
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
MORE FROM ESPN LOS ANGELES
- GameWear San Francisco Giants Team-Colored Baseball Bracelet