Mike Stanton, Marlins to visit U.S. troops
The tour organized by Armed Forces Entertainment will mark the Marlins' fourth visit to U.S. military personnel stationed overseas. In 2010 the Marlins became the first major league team to take players to visit troops.
Also representing the Marlins will be catcher Brett Hayes, outfielder Bryan Petersen, mascot Billy the Marlin and the team's cheerleaders, the Mermaids. The group will take part in baseball and dance clinics, an adult softball game and visits to Pearl Harbor and Hiroshima.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Braves add Ervin Santana to bolster rotation
- Mets pitching coach apologizes for Asian slur
- Brewers' Garza confident despite 19.06 ERA
- Tulowitzki hit by pitch on leg, is day to day
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- The Highland Mint Giancarlo Stanton Miami Marlins Triple Play Photo Display