No arbitration for Cody Ross, Pat Burrell
The moves Wednesday mean the Giants will not receive compensation if Ross or Burrell sign with another team.
The Giants still could re-sign Ross, but Burrell has said he will likely retire because his troublesome right foot hasn't healed. Burrell batted .230 with seven homers and 21 RBIs in 92 games last season.
Ross batted .240 with 14 homers and 52 RBIs last season. He won the NL championship series MVP in 2010 after being acquired off waivers from Florida late in the season.
The Giants also were unable to offer arbitration to outfielder Carlos Beltran under terms of his contract.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Rays P Moore needs season-ending surgery
- MLB marks 67th anniversary of Robinson debut
- Napoli exits with hurt finger after headfirst slide
- Phillies' Burnett (hernia) to pitch through pain
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Youth New York Yankees Carlos Beltran #36 Navy T-Shirt