J.C. Romero, Cardinals agree
Romero ended the 2011 season with Colorado after beginning the year with Philadelphia. He was released by the Phillies in June, by the Nationals in July and by the Yankees in August, spending time in the Washington and New York minor league systems.
Romero has a 34-28 career record with a 4.07 ERA, winning the World Series with Philadelphia in 2008. He leads lefties in games pitched from 2002-11 with 633.
In addition to his salary, Romero can earn $750,000 in performance bonuses.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Halladay retires after 1-day Blue Jays deal
- Trade talks for OF Kemp active, agent says
- It's unanimous: Torre, La Russa, Cox to Hall
- Jeter: Will miss Cano, not surprised he left
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Forever Collectibles St. Louis Cardinals Plush Mascot Tassel Hat