J.A. Happ agrees to 1-year deal
The left-handed Happ and the Astros reached a deal Tuesday for $2.35 million. He made $474,000 last season.
Happ had a tough year in 2011, going 6-15 with a 5.35 ERA in 28 starts. He improved at the end of the season and was 2-1 with a 2.43 ERA in his last six starts.
The 29-year-old Happ was acquired from Philadelphia as part of the deal for Roy Oswalt. He is 25-24 with a 4.00 ERA in 88 career appearances.
With the signing of Happ, shortstop Jed Lowrie is Houston's only unsigned, arbitration-eligible player.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Mag: Puig subjected to threats, civil lawsuit
- Tanaka leads Yanks; 28 K's in 1st 3 games
- Bradley, Boston win Sox battle in 14
- Astros call up prized outfield prospect Springer
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Men's Replica Houston Astros Luis Gonzalez #26 White Cooperstown Jersey