Phillies ship Wilson Valdez to Reds
The Reds also announced that they had signed utility player Willie Harris, a free agent from the Mets.
Valdez, 33, has played six seasons in the majors with the White Sox, Mariners, Padres, Dodgers, Mets and Phillies. He batted .249 last year with one homer and 30 RBIs in 99 games. The second baseman also notched the victory in a 5-4, 19-inning win over the Reds in Philadelphia on May 25, holding the Reds hitless in the final inning.
Horst, 26, reached the majors for the first time last season, making a dozen relief appearances with a 2.93 ERA.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Cubs not sure when ailing Castro will return
- Garza goal: Kick Cubs' 'teeth in every time'
- Samardzija to start Opening Day for Cubs
- Dice-K defends Mets' Warthen after his slur
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Logo Seattle Mariners Team-Colored Canvas Chair