John Lannan, Nationals in arbitration
The left-hander asked for a raise from $2.75 million to $5.7 million during a hearing Wednesday before a three-person panel. The Nationals argued he should be paid $5 million.
A decision by arbitrators Robert Herzog, Elizabeth Neumeier and John Skonier is expected Thursday.
Lannan was 10-13 with a 3.70 ERA in 33 starts last season.
Twenty-four players remain in arbitration, with hearings scheduled through Feb. 17.
Players won two of three hearings last year. Teams have a 286-212 edge since the process started in 1974.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- MLB briefs managers, GMs on replay system
- Source: Colon, Mets reach 2-year, $20M deal
- MLB plans to ban home plate collisions by '15
- Reports: Yanks nix Gardner-for-Phillips deal
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Men's Washington Nationals Big Leaguer Red Raglan T-Shirt