Bobby Cox returning for exhibition
ATLANTA -- Bobby Cox is returning to the dugout -- but only for one exhibition.
The former Atlanta Braves manager will be back in uniform to manage the organization's top prospects against the current major leaguers on April 3.
The game will be played at the home of the Braves' Triple-A Gwinnett team near Atlanta.
Atlanta planned the exhibition as a bridge between spring training and the regular-season opener on April 5. The game will be played instead of an exhibition against an AL opponent at Turner Field.
Cox retired as manager after the 2010 season with 2,504 regular-season wins, fourth behind Connie Mack, John McGraw and Tony La Russa.
His No. 6 was retired by the Braves.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- MLB marks 67th anniversary of Robinson debut
- Sanchez sends Giants past Dodgers in 12th
- Trout ties it in 9th, but A's trump Angels in 11
- Napoli exits with hurt finger after headfirst slide
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Men's Authentic Atlanta Braves Navy Cool Base Batting Practice Jersey