M's minor leaguer gets 50-game ban
NEW YORK -- Seattle Mariners minor league catcher Christian Carmichael has been suspended 50 games for a positive drug test.
Carmichael was penalized Monday under baseball's minor league program for testing positive for Methylhexaneamine.
He hit .182 last year in 11 at-bats for the Mariners of the Arizona Rookie League and is on the roster of Class A Clinton.
Ten players have been suspended this year under the minor league program.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- O's not signing Balfour, cite physical results
- Youkilis will play 'one more year' -- in Japan
- O's Patton tests positive, banned 25 games
- Beltran joins Yankees: 'Means a lot to me'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- New Era Men's Seattle Mariners 59Fifty Game Navy Authentic Hat w/ American Flag Patch