M's minor leaguer gets 50-game ban
NEW YORK -- Seattle Mariners minor league catcher Christian Carmichael has been suspended 50 games for a positive drug test.
Carmichael was penalized Monday under baseball's minor league program for testing positive for Methylhexaneamine.
He hit .182 last year in 11 at-bats for the Mariners of the Arizona Rookie League and is on the roster of Class A Clinton.
Ten players have been suspended this year under the minor league program.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Source: Tigers' Iglesias to sit out until break
- D-backs' Corbin exits start with tight forearm
- Orioles 3B Machado (knee) suffers setback
- Rivera honored, but Yanks no-hit in Panama
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- GameWear Seattle Mariners Classic Keychain