M's minor leaguer gets 50-game ban
NEW YORK -- Seattle Mariners minor league catcher Christian Carmichael has been suspended 50 games for a positive drug test.
Carmichael was penalized Monday under baseball's minor league program for testing positive for Methylhexaneamine.
He hit .182 last year in 11 at-bats for the Mariners of the Arizona Rookie League and is on the roster of Class A Clinton.
Ten players have been suspended this year under the minor league program.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Hamels slated to make season debut in L.A.
- Stanton's walk-off GS lifts Marlins over M's
- Pujols belts No. 497 in Angels' rout of Tigers
- Mets trade 1B Davis to Pirates for reliever
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Men's Seattle Mariners Executive Navy Crew Neck Sweater