Guillermo Mota finishes deal with Giants
The sides had agreed to terms in December. Mota has been added to the 40-man roster. Mota, a 38-year-old right-hander, has become a reliable option for manager Bruce Bochy. He went 2-2 with a 3.81 ERA in 52 outings last season for the NL West runners-up.
Mota's 80 1/3 innings last season were his third highest in 13 big league seasons and most since 2004, when he pitched for the Los Angeles Dodgers and the Marlins.
Mota made one appearance against Texas during the 2010 World Series, when the Giants wrapped up the franchise's first championship since moving West in 1958.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Braves add Ervin Santana to bolster rotation
- Mets pitching coach apologizes for Asian slur
- Brewers' Garza confident despite 19.06 ERA
- Tulowitzki hit by pitch on leg, is day to day
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Los Angeles Dodgers Dri-FIT Legend Logo Team-Issued Grey Performance T-Shirt