Yoenis Cespedes, A's complete deal
PHOENIX -- The Oakland Athletics and Cuban outfielder Yoenis Cespedes have finalized their $36 million, four-year deal.
The A's made the announcement Saturday.
The 26-year-old Cespedes will be placed on the 40-man roster after the A's moved third baseman Scott Sizemore to the 60-day disabled list with a tear in his left knee that will sideline him for the season.
Cespedes played in Cuba's top league for eight seasons before defecting in 2011. He starred for Cuba in the 2009 World Baseball Classic, hitting .458 with two home runs and five RBIs in six games.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Yankees' Pineda banned 10 games by MLB
- Wrigley cake ends up down in the dumps
- Tommy John stunned by surgery 'epidemic'
- Sosa to 'clear it up,' sad to miss Cubs party
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- '47 Brand Men's Oakland Athletics Infield Tan T-Shirt