Chase Utley to rehab in Arizona
PHILADELPHIA -- Chase Utley will be in Arizona rehabilitating his injured knees when the Phillies open the regular season on Thursday in Pittsburgh.
The five-time All-Star is starting his second straight season on the on the disabled list. Phillies general manager Ruben Amaro Jr. said Tuesday Utley will work with physical therapist Brett Fischer and other medical personnel.
Amaro said before the Phillies' exhibition game against the Pittsburgh Pirates that Utley is progressing but there is no timetable for his return.
Utley was limited to 103 games last season because of knee injuries, not playing his first game until May 23. He said last week that he would not have season-ending knee surgery.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- MLB briefs managers, GMs on replay system
- Source: Colon, Mets reach 2-year, $20M deal
- MLB plans to ban home plate collisions by '15
- Reports: Yanks nix Gardner-for-Phillips deal
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- The Highland Mint Chase Utley Philadelphia Phillies Triple Play Photo Display