Grady Sizemore placed on 60-day DL
CLEVELAND -- The Indians have placed oft-injured center fielder Grady Sizemore on the 60-day disabled list and finalized their roster for opening day.
Sizemore, who underwent back surgery last month, will not be eligible to come off the DL until June 3. He has been in Cleveland doing his rehab. General manager Chris Antonetti said the three-time All-Star has been working on his stability and mobility and will resume baseball activities "in a couple weeks."
Sizemore re-signed with the Indians as a free agent this winter. He injured his back while fielding ground balls early in spring training.
The Indians also purchased the contracts of infielder Jose Lopez and reliever Dan Wheeler from Triple-A Columbus. The club placed left-hander David Huff on the 15-day DL with a strained right hamstring and designated outfielder Thomas Neal for assignment.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Source: Tigers' Iglesias to sit out until break
- D-backs' Corbin exits start with tight forearm
- Orioles 3B Machado (knee) suffers setback
- Rivera honored, but Yanks no-hit in Panama
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Men's Replica Cleveland Indians Carlos Santana #41 Home White Jersey