No charges against Vlad Guerrero
SANTO DOMINGO, Dominican Republic -- Vladimir Guerrero's lawyer says no charges will be filed against the former major leaguer stemming from a disco brawl.
Authorities had contended he attacked a police officer after the fighting broke out. Guerrero denied being involved and turned himself in early Tuesday.
Guerrero's lawyer, Polivio Rivas, said Wednesday the prosecutor in Bani would not press charges. The prosecutor could not be reached immediately for comment by The Associated Press.
Guerrero, once one of the most feared hitters in baseball, is a free agent after finishing last season with the Baltimore Orioles.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Cubs not sure when ailing Castro will return
- Garza goal: Kick Cubs' 'teeth in every time'
- Twins lock up closer Perkins on 4-year deal
- Boras: Morales, Drew willing to wait for deals
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Youth Baltimore Orioles Matt Wieters #32 Orange T-Shirt