No charges against Vlad Guerrero
SANTO DOMINGO, Dominican Republic -- Vladimir Guerrero's lawyer says no charges will be filed against the former major leaguer stemming from a disco brawl.
Authorities had contended he attacked a police officer after the fighting broke out. Guerrero denied being involved and turned himself in early Tuesday.
Guerrero's lawyer, Polivio Rivas, said Wednesday the prosecutor in Bani would not press charges. The prosecutor could not be reached immediately for comment by The Associated Press.
Guerrero, once one of the most feared hitters in baseball, is a free agent after finishing last season with the Baltimore Orioles.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Mag: Puig subjected to threats, civil lawsuit
- Tanaka leads Yanks; 28 K's in 1st 3 games
- Bradley, Boston win Sox battle in 14
- Astros call up prized outfield prospect Springer
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rico Baltimore Orioles Small Static Cling