Rockies call up LHP Drew Pomeranz
DENVER -- The Colorado Rockies recalled left-hander Drew Pomeranz and activated him for his start Sunday and optioned infielder-catcher Jordan Pacheco to Triple-A Colorado Springs to make room on their 25-man roster.
Pomeranz was scheduled to pitch against the Arizona Diamondbacks on Sunday, weather permitting.
Pomeranz, who came over from Cleveland in the Ubaldo Jimenez trade last summer, had a solid spring, going 3-0 with a 0.53 ERA in five starts. The Rockies put him at the back of their rotation to limit his innings this season. He went 2-1 with a 5.40 ERA in four starts for Colorado last season.
Pomeranz threw four scoreless innings in a start for Double-A Tulsa at Corpus Christi on Tuesday night.
Pacheco went 2-for-10 with a triple and two RBIs in five games this season.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- MRI shows damage to Corbin's UCL in elbow
- HOF Schmidt recovering from skin cancer
- Orioles' Machado: Don't know about opener
- Multiple batters hit as Pirates-Phils gets testy
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Men's Replica Cleveland Indians Ubaldo Jimenez #30 Alternate Ivory Jersey