Scott Baker has surgery on elbow
Baker originally was to have an operation to repair the flexor pronator tendon in his right elbow. The Twins said that when New York Mets medical director Dr. David Altchek operated, he determined Baker's ulnar collateral ligament needed to be replaced.
The Twins had said last week that Baker was going to miss the entire season because of the elbow, which has bothered the 30-year-old for more than a year.
Minnesota's 2011 Opening Day starter, he went 8-6 with 3.14 ERA in 21 starts last year. Baker is eligible for free agency after the season.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Source: Ibanez, Angels nearing 1-year deal
- Braves get catcher Doumit in Twins trade
- Reports: 3B Chavez to re-sign with Arizona
- Source: Cubs' Castro sues after $3.6M seized
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- New Era Men's Minnesota Twins 59Fifty Home Navy Authentic Hat w/ American Flag Patch