Ryan Zimmerman has inflammation
Zimmerman missed his third straight start on Wednesday. Johnson says the plan is to have Zimmerman take some swings on Thursday to see how he feels.
If there's no relief by Thursday, Zimmerman could be sent back to Washington for treatment.
Johnson says Zimmerman had a cortisone shot on Saturday but it's possible the shot might not have had its full effect.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Source: Ibanez, Angels nearing 1-year deal
- Braves get catcher Doumit in Twins trade
- Reports: 3B Chavez to re-sign with Arizona
- MLB average jumps 5.4 percent to $3.39M
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Men's Washington Nationals Ryan Zimmerman Red T-Shirt