Chris Parmelee OK after hit in head
A Twins spokesman says Parmelee was examined again by team doctors on Thursday and showed no signs of a concussion. He is listed as day to day.
It was a scary scene in the sixth inning on Wednesday night. A fastball got away from Thomas, and Parmelee was unable to get out of the way before it hit the bill of his batting helmet. The impact made a loud noise and the ball ricocheted way over by the Red Sox bullpen.
The Twins were off Thursday and open a series with Kansas City on Friday night.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Source: Balfour's deal with O's in jeopardy
- Source: Ibanez, Angels nearing 1-year deal
- Axford, Indians finalize 1-year, $4.5M deal
- Braves get catcher Doumit in Twins trade
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- '47 Brand Men's Minnesota Twins Navy Wide Whale Knit Hat